Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terralynn
Level 7

My volume on my roku remote will sometimes pause instead of turning volume down

My roku remote was working just fine and then one day I pushed volume down and it paused the tv.  If I push volume up then I can push volume down for the volume to start working again.  But any time I push volume down it pauses tv. No matter what app.  Second issue sometimes when I try fast forward it advances to next episode when watching a series.  Any help?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: My volume on my roku remote will sometimes pause instead of turning volume down

If this is a Roku tv it shouldn't happen, in that case switching to wifi remote for roku tv will help. In the case of roku tv roku only supplies OS for the tv, you would have to take it up with tv manufacturer.

If its Roku stand alone streamer like the premiere or express, and you're controlling a non-roku tv, by the way what is brand and model of the tv? Theres nothing you can do if the two components happen to use very like IR protocol to where there maybe conflicts in commands. Tv's don't have multiple code sets to chose from, and roku maybe able to switch to wifi remote but it will respond to IR commands so conflicts will go on.Smiley Sad

Edmund
0 Kudos