Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogS

My usb cable is broken model wr001 how to get a replacement

The Spares Site https://www.roku.com/en-gb/products/accessories

is no longer available so where do I get spare parts?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: My usb cable is broken model wr001 how to get a replacement

Hi @RogS

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Currently, we do not market Roku accessories in the UK. You may want to check with online retailers for available USB Advanced Wireless Receiver - WR001.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Hwybill

Wow! What a pain! Without the wireless transceiver(fat section) in the cable the device won’t even connect to my wifi. 

In the end my “cheapie” solution was to cut the end of an extra USB mini. The official Roku USB has 5 wires plus the ground/shield. The first one I cut only had two conductors/wires(red and black)and did power the stick up but no wifi or remote.  The second USB I sacrificed had 4 conductors plus ground so I tried it by matching colors with the Roku cable and tying the extra (blue) wire in with the red pair and it’s all working now.

This is easy with a pair of wire strippers and some crimp connectors or solder if you can. 

0 Kudos
Hwybill

The $20 replacement is shown under accessories but is “out of stock”. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Hwybill 

Yes, Roku appears to have really dropped the ball when it comes to accessories outside the USA. I'm sure there is some reasoning for it, but I have no idea what that might be. And when a specialized item such as that WiFi cable/antenna setup is bad, and none are in stock, that is quite an inconvenience. That is a reputational hit, and those lead to financial hits.

I notice that all Roku Players in the UK Website all say "Where to buy" rather than the "Add to cart" for sales directly from Roku. Perhaps the UK agreements don't allow, or more likely easily accommodate, sales of accessories. Whatever the reason, the UK customer suffers.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos