Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amy-m99
Level 7

My tv turns off every single time I push a butto

my tv will turn on, however if I push any button or if I don’t push a button within 30 seconds, either way it turns off. I’m extremely disappointed, I’ve had this tv a bit longer than a year and it’s already not working. Tried hitting the reset button on the tv, that didn’t work. Then tried unplugging it, but to no avail that didn’t work either. Could use some

more suggestions.

-thank you!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My tv turns off every single time I push a butto

Is the light on the front of the tv constantly blinking? Sounds like a stuck button, or a remote in the cushions. It doesn't have to be a roku remote thats causing the this effect, it just some other remote and the roku commands is caught in a feedback loop. Stand in front at different angles to see if you pin point where its coming from. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My tv turns off every single time I push a butto

I had that happen on a Roku TV recently. Changed the batteries, re-paired the remote, problem went away.

Oh, and in my case the batteries weren't dead.

So, you could just try re-pairing the remote if you don't want to toss potentially good (or decent) batteries away.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos