Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: My remote won’t pair for Roku Express 4K+

@helpneeded 

Thanks for the posts.

I have received your PM and have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
helpneeded
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-RThank you! How soon should I expect a response by? And should I check the email associated with this account?

0 Kudos

I have the same situation, I just opened my roku 4K+ followed directions and the remote will not pair, it is on pairing screen the light is blinking, I’ve held 5sec + multiple times, reset roku, replaced batteries, the remote will not pair.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@LaneMessing

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FG144
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same issue. I just received a Toku Express 4K+ from Amazon and it won't pair. It just keeps blinking. The serial number is SO7P51517NHP, Model 3941X

0 Kudos
helpneeded
Reel Rookie

For anyone who is curious, this is all the "help" I received. I've responded and there was no follow up. I am disappointed to say I'm returning my Roku. I had high hopes for this product but it seems like the 4K+ Express isn't it  

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Roku customer support. I understand that your Roku Express 4K+ device remote is not pairing.

This could happen due to an interference issue with the other devices connected to your network.

Please follow the steps on the link below to resolve the issue:

https://support.roku.com/en-us/article/208755708(How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote)

If the issue persists, please help us with the details below:

1. May I know when and where did you purchase this device?
  2. Is it possible to replace the Roku device from where you have purchased it?

Please contact us for further clarification, and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Roku, have a great day!

0 Kudos
FG144
Reel Rookie

I had the same problem but found a solution. I took the batteries out of the remote then connected the Roku device to the TV and power. I then turned on the TV to the right outlet and then reset the Roku device by holding a small screwdriver (a paper clip would work also) on the rest button on the back of the device for 10 seconds. Then I put the batteries in the remote and pressed the pairing button. Everything then worked as it is supposed to. Hope this works for you too.

Robb23
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue with pairing my Express 4k+ remote.  Serial number is S07P515SX0H1.  Will the support team respond on this forum?

0 Kudos
Jules123
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue and it’s very frustrating that I can’t actually speak to someone! This product is going to be sent back because obviously by all the comments there’s a quality issue! 

0 Kudos
Robb23
Reel Rookie

My remote won’t pair for Roku Express 4K+

How can I return my Roku express 4k + if I purchased it directly from Roku?  Tried everything and still can't pair the remote.  Obviously the product is defective or just poor quality with so many complaints being posted here.  Makes me apprehensive about ever buying anything directly from Roku ever again.

0 Kudos