Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicola0725

My remote won’t pair for Roku Express 4K+

I just opened a Roku Express 4K+ and the remote won’t pair. I tried pushing the button for five seconds. I unplugged everything and tried again. I have never had trouble with this before and I have 2 other Roku’s. I guess I have to return it. There is no support phone number to call someone. 

0 Kudos
34 REPLIES 34
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: My remote won’t pair for Roku Express 4K+

Hey @Nicola0725

We're sorry to hear about the experience – this is not what we aim for.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku Express 4K+. It can be found at the back or underneath the device itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Chrissy4
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue, I have tried every forum every suggestion and still won’t pair. Very frustrating. What do I do now? Threw the box away as soon as I opened it because I ordered 2 and the first one I hooked up had no issues.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Chrissy4

Thanks for the post.

Reply here with the information I asked for in my post above so we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Chrissy4
Reel Rookie

S07P216D096U

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Chrissy4

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JessM08

My remote won't pair either.. it keeps blinking even after pushing the button for 20 seconds to "reset" the it. It just keeps blinking.. I tried calling but can't wait on hold for 26 minutes.

0 Kudos
helpneeded
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R@RokuKariza-D I'm having the same issue with a new Roku Express 4K+ I just got in the mail today (SN: S07P2166KADX). I have already tried unplugging the Roku device, removing the batteries, and pressing down the reset button on the remote for 30+ seconds. The Roku device is blinking blue, and the remote is blinking green, but the TV is stuck on the "Pair your remote" page.

0 Kudos
helpneeded
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R @RokuKariza-D  I wanted to add, I did try downloading the mobile app, but am unable to find my Roku IP address. I suspect it's because I haven't set up the Roku yet so it's not connected to my WiFi.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JessM08 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos