Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Santos8076

My rc538 remote won’t work without the charger

My remote has been working fine. Since I bought it about 4 or 5 months ago. Give or take. Holding charge for long periods of time. Today it would work so I put it to charge. It’s shows the battery to be a 100 percent. But won’t work when I take it off the charger. But works fine while it’s on the charger. Any help would be great. Please

5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: My rc538 remote won’t work without the charger

Hello @Santos8076

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you try restarting your Voice Remote Pro and see if that will make a difference. 

To restart your Voice Remote Pro:

1. Press and hold the pairing button for 20 seconds. The status light should slowly flash green, then stop, then flash more rapidly. When this happens, release the pairing button and your remote has restarted.
  2. Wait at least 30 seconds to see if your remote establishes a connection with your Roku device. Confirm by pressing the voice button and looking for a status indicator on your TV screen.
  3. If there is no response, try re-pairing your remote. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds until the status light starts flashing green. If your Roku device was just restarted, it will automatically detect the voice remote and reconnect.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RandyP1

I have the same problem 

I have to keep it plugged in for it to work tried to pair it and the light just stays green

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@RandyP1

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried restarting your Roku device then re-pair the remote again? If so and the issue persists, please reply here with the serial number associated with your Voice Remote Pro. It can be found in Settings > System > About or at the back of the player itself. 

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Drmunch

Hello. 

ibuave two of these remotes and neither is working without being plugged in. Also, they will not pair. I hold the button and it doesn’t not blink, but when plugged in shows a solid green. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Drmunch

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We would recommend starting with the troubleshooting steps suggested in this Support link: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos