Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

My Streaming Stick+ Remote is not working

I've had my Roku Streaming Stick + for 2 weeks.  It was working fine.  Today I was working to clean up the cords, tucking them away.  I unplugged the Roku a couple of times in this process.  Plugged it into an extension cord with two other plugs.  It was plugged into a extension cord by itself and worked fine. I tried the remote trouble shooting techniques listed on this website several times, unplugging in several different ways.  No success.

When I turn on the TV via the on/off button on the TV, the Roku home screen comes on immediately. Unlike when it initially worked, opening up on the screen saver screen.  None of the buttons work, volumes, on/off, arrows.  Nothing. I tried to re-sync the remote but the remote syncing light is blinking green. Even after I remove and reinsert the batteries, the green blinking light returns.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: My Streaming Stick+ Remote is not working

With new batteries in the roku remote, unplug the roku, when you plug it back and roku starts to bounce, start pressing and holding the pairing key in the battery compartment, when the roku stops bouncing release the pairing button for bit and start pressing again stop when you get confirmation its paired. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem. The on screen display tells me to pair the remote but the remotes pairing light just keeps blinking.  This makes the Roku itself useless since I can't connect it to wifi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem.  Replaced batteries in my remote, disconnected the stick as suggested (Purple bought in 2015, so presumably a 3500 htmi), a "tapping" ROKU image on the screen, then presssed the pairing button on my remote as suggested by Tivo. Now I get the ROKU list of channels on the screen, but the remote still blinking green and not working! It's   a CR41 remote model, it that helps.

Any further suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Eva2 

Thanks for the note.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

What should we do if the Roku is not yet connected to WiFi and the remote stops working?  There's no way to connect the Roku stick+ to wifi without a remote, right?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@taylorad 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You will need a remote to connect a Roku Streaming Stick to your wireless network. Without connecting the wireless network first, you will be unable to connect to remote alternatives, such as the Roku mobile app. If you are unable to connect your device to a wireless network and your remote stops working, you will need to find a replacement remote.

What model Roku Streaming Stick do you have? Once we know what device model you have, we can make the appropriate remote replacement.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

.@RokuDanny-R

I have a 3810x

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@taylorad 

Thanks for the update.

For the Roku Streaming Stick 3810X, you will need the Voice Remote available on our Product page here: Streaming Stick Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@RokuDanny-R 

Thanks, but I would have to be insane to buy a $20 remote when the remote/stick package is $50.

Pretty disappointed there's no workaround to get this stick working again without buying something.

0 Kudos