Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tess222
Level 7

My Streaming Stick+ Remote is not working

I've had my Roku Streaming Stick + for 2 weeks.  It was working fine.  Today I was working to clean up the cords, tucking them away.  I unplugged the Roku a couple of times in this process.  Plugged it into an extension cord with two other plugs.  It was plugged into a extension cord by itself and worked fine. I tried the remote trouble shooting techniques listed on this website several times, unplugging in several different ways.  No success.

When I turn on the TV via the on/off button on the TV, the Roku home screen comes on immediately. Unlike when it initially worked, opening up on the screen saver screen.  None of the buttons work, volumes, on/off, arrows.  Nothing. I tried to re-sync the remote but the remote syncing light is blinking green. Even after I remove and reinsert the batteries, the green blinking light returns.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Re: My Streaming Stick+ Remote is not working

With new batteries in the roku remote, unplug the roku, when you plug it back and roku starts to bounce, start pressing and holding the pairing key in the battery compartment, when the roku stops bouncing release the pairing button for bit and start pressing again stop when you get confirmation its paired. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
taylorad
Level 7

Re: My Streaming Stick+ Remote is not working

I have the same problem. The on screen display tells me to pair the remote but the remotes pairing light just keeps blinking.  This makes the Roku itself useless since I can't connect it to wifi.

0 Kudos