Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Roku tv keeps scrolling

Jump to solution

My tv keeps scrolling I’ve changed batteries  in plugged it’s still not working 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: My Roku tv keeps scrolling

Jump to solution

Hey @thehuishs

Thanks for the post.

It looks like there's an issue with your TV remote. Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try unplugging the Roku TV from its power source for a minute or so then plugging it back in.

If it still scrolls uncontrollably, as a troubleshooting step to see if the remote is the cause, see if the scrolling continues when you remove the batteries from the remote.

Let us know what you find.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Also take the batteries of every remote in the room. Sounds like IR interference, but offending remote doesn't have to be the roku remote, its just thst roku commands is stuck in feedback loop from the other remote's IR stream. Caused by it stuck in cushions, or under a book. Or stuck button. You can try standing in front of the tv at different angles to pinpoint where its coming from. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Randal1959

Jump to solution

I've got the same problem. This just started happening about 6 nights ago (September 2, 2022). I reset to Factory settings, unplugged the television several times, removed all the remotes in the room, shut off all the lights in the room, and I even ordered a new remote with new batteries and this problem is still happening. When I turn on the television, the volume control in the upper right-hand corner just starts increasing in volume on its own from 1 to 100, and then when it reaches 100, it still clicks as if it's still trying to increase the volume. When I try clicking on the settings to set up the internet connection, I hit the button one time and it'll scroll between 3 and 5 positions which is incredibly frustrating. I've tried hitting the reset button on the back of the television up to 30 and 40 times and nothing works. I have tried the suggestion of unplugging and pressing the power button on the bottom of the television to "drain" the power from the unit and that has not worked. My television is a TCL Model No. 55S404. 

Does anyone have any other suggestions? If not, I think I'll unplug the unit and take it to my local recycling facility and be done with it. Televisions are cheap enough now that it's not worth the time and effort to try and fix something like this. 

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Randal1959, does your TV have a volume button on it or is it like my TCL that only has one button?  You might want to reach out to TCL since they made the TV.

Where to get support for your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
thehuishs

Jump to solution

My TV started doing this today. Did you ever figure out a way to fix it?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @thehuishs

Thanks for the post.

It looks like there's an issue with your TV remote. Please be advised that remotes for Roku TVs are manufactured directly by the TV manufacturer. We would recommend reaching out to the TV manufacturer's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

For a list of Roku TV manufacturers' contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos