Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rufuskp
Level 7

My Roku remote will not turn on my Phillips TV

I have four Roku streaming sticks on various TVs in my house and only one will not turn on the TV.  The TV is a Phillips brand.  I have tried switching sticks/remotes but none work on that TV.  They all work on other TVs (Vizio and Sony).  The remote on the Phillips TV just won't turn the TV on.  Volume and turning the TV off work fine.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 10

Re: My Roku remote will not turn on my Phillips TV

Its probably due to Philips use of toggle bit, press the volume key before the power, see if works then.  
0 Kudos
rufuskp
Level 7

"Tivoburkee" wrote:
Its probably due to Philips use of toggle bit, press the volume key before the power, see if works then.  

Thank you, I tried this but, unfortunately, it didn't work...
0 Kudos
P1u9
Level 7

"Tivoburkee" wrote:

Hey. Thank you so much for suggesting to hit the volume button before hitting the power button. You fixed my problem!!! My Phillips tv would turn off Everytime I hit the power button on my tcl Roku tv. Now I have a solution. Thanks so much!!!

- Logan Darko(P1u9) #NeverDeadByDaylight
0 Kudos