Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KhanBehir

My Roku Soundbar remote is eating batteries.

I know similar posts are up here. But, I have not found a single helpful response, so I will try again. 

I recently purchased a Roku sound bar to go with my Roku TV.

With the 3 other Rokus in the house,  we have no battery issues. But the sound bar has to have its batteries replaced every other week. What is Roku doing to fix this? What do I need to do to get a remote that works? This is a brand new purchase. I was ready to buy the surround sound speakers to finish out the system, but now I am doubtful. 

Please help. 

J

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
TOUSS

Re: My Roku Ultra remote is eating batteries.

Roku knew their Ultra was using up batteries, but they sold it anyway! 
ROKU IS A DISHONORABLE COMPANY‼️
THEY KNOW THEIR PRODUCTS HAVE THESE PROBLEMS AND DO NOTHING TO CORRECT THESE PROBLEMS‼️
I HAVE HAD AN ROKU ULTRA REPLACEMENT AND THE SAME THING OCCURS, YOU HAVE TO REPLACE THE BATTERIES EVERY OTHER WEEK IF YOU USE THE HEADPHONES‼️
I BOUGHT IT FOR THAT FEATURE AND ROKU KNEW IT WAS DEFECTIVE ‼️
     ROKU EMPLOYEES ARE LIARS‼️

0 Kudos

Re: My Roku Soundbar remote is eating batteries.

I'm having the same issue even after trying several things mentioned in the same issue on the Ultras. Funny thing is we have an Ultra in another room and it has no battery issues.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @northwindone

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Battery life will vary based on usage. For normal use, the remote batteries may last two months or longer. Does your Roku remote support private listening? This may also be one factor for the battery drain.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sher4

Hello,

I have the Roku Smart Soundbar as well and the remote batteries are having to be changed about every 8 days. I have only owned this system for 2 months. How can this be fixed?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Sher4

Thanks for the post.

For further assistance, please reply here with the information I asked for in my post above. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

My remote for my Roku Soundbar is also going through batteries every week, and I need a new remote because this is ridiculous. The serial number of my device is YL0047313218. @RokuKariza-D 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @sarahkliment

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bjlyon615
Reel Rookie

Yep, this seems to be par for the course.  I placed two AAA Energizer  Ultimate Lith. batteries into the remote control device for our new soundbar less than 6 weeks ago and now they need to be replaced.  These batteries cost about $2.00 each and should last for a year or more since remote control devices use very little energy.  Something is definitely wrong with this product.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bjlyon615,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device.

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos