Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3nair
Binge Watcher

Re: My Roku Keeps Scrolling

@RokuKariza-D 

Can they send me a message/email again. Upon checking my email I didn’t receive anything from them. I checked my inbox, junk/spam mail and even checked my trash incase I accidentally deleted it, but there’s none.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@3nair

Appreciate the prompt reply.

I've followed this up with our team. You can expect an email from us within the day.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
3nair
Binge Watcher

@RokuKariza-D 

Thank you. I’ll wait for your team to get in touch with me.

0 Kudos
allmualim

Hello, my tv keeps scrolling as well, please help. There is no stocked button on the remote, thank you very much in advance!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @allmualim

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed at the back or underneath the player itself.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Hey @RokuKariza-D

my roku is scrolling and selecting by itself as well. The roku serial number is 4u75d6623081. Thank you for any assistance you can provide 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @StephenFinke

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that your Roku 4 (4400X) is an older Roku device that is no longer under warranty. It's possible that the remote may simply be on its way out. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

My roku is also constantly scrolling. I even paid $20 for roku remote on my smartphone. Still scrolling. Dont know what to do!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Michellemulhaul wrote:

My roku is also constantly scrolling. I even paid $20 for roku remote on my smartphone. Still scrolling. Dont know what to do!

The Roku Remote app for mobile devices (Android/iOS) is free - not $20.

If you paid $20 for a "Roku Remote" app you were likely scammed.

You can get an official replacement remote for $20 (Voice Remote) from Roku.com or Walmart/Best Buy/Amazon/etc - its an actual remote, not an app.

What is your Roku model # and firmware version?  Settings/System/About

Do you have the original remote that came with your Roku? 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @borajsd333

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

Could you clarify to us the issue you're experiencing? Are you having issues with your remote where it automatically scrolls? A photo of the problem showing on your TV screen would be a great help as well.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos