Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My Roku Keeps Scrolling

A new remote will not fix it. I have tried three. It has nothing to do with the remote. It's a glitch in the Roku it's self. Every one I have had over the past 10 years has done this. My most recent does it a lot. May be time to go to Apple TV. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Madmoney1196

Thanks for the post.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device. It can be located at the back or underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Hello, I’m having the same issue with my Roku remote as well. I’ve changed the batteries, rebooted my Roku, I have also unplugged it. The issue still persists.  My serial number for the Roku  is S009307FE7LK

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Shiranda1988

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
c22

I am having the same problem. It was working fine yesterday. I have disconnected the roku express from the tv and disconnected tv and restarted everything and it seems like it’s stuck. I can’t go to any streaming channels because it keeps scrolling like I have my finger continuously on the button. Serial number S009206T72T1. I have only had it for less than a year. Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @c22

Thanks for providing your information.

I have passed them along to our Support team to assist you further. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your emails since they'll be reaching you out from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BenC4

The same started happening to my older Roku---so I just ordered a newer model as that model is registered under an older account with an older defunct email. Hopefully, the newer Roku will fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Sunbirdsw
Channel Surfer

My multiple Rokus all do the same thing. Also my 35"Visio tv. 

Sunspots maybe?

0 Kudos
EricS710

Like others on this thread, my Roku suddenly started scrolling on its own. No buttons are stuck. I've tried unplugging it, my TV, removing batteries and replacing, etc. No joy, the problem keeps returning.

The only way I get the thing to work properly is by using the remote in my app on my phone. 

Please help, here are the model and serial numbers:

Model: 3930X

SN: S0082064UJ9F

I think those are zeros, not letter O's.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Sunbirdsw
Channel Surfer

Mine quit scrolling when I removed the batteries from a bluetooth remote I had on my coffee table for a Vizio sound bar. Nothing scrolling now.

Hadn't been a prob for more than 6 mos, then suddenly was wrecking all 3 of  my Rokus AND my Vizio tv.

No idea if this will help you, but check for bluetooth remotes. Headsets don't seem to be a problem though.

Sure hope this helps you as well as it is a totally frustrating experience!

0 Kudos