Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJTVLady
Reel Rookie

My Roku Keeps Scrolling

My Roku remote has a mind of it's own, it recently started scrolling wildly through each menu screen ignoring button presses as it scrolls every which way. I restarted the system, I changed the batteries and the problem persists. 

Help please! 

140 REPLIES 140
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: My Roku Keeps Scrolling

Have you tried restarting the device?
Settings > System > System restart
(Or for Roku TV: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

These things are just little special purpose computers. Like their big brothers sometimes you just need to clear things out by restarting them.

If a restart doesn't do it, try pulling the power plug to the device for a minute or so then plugging it back in.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
CJTVLady
Reel Rookie

I have restarted it, number of times, no use. 

renojim

There's probably a stuck button.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
dllennon
Channel Surfer

Having the same issue. No buttons are stuck.

This just started 2 nights ago. When the remote is pointed at the device (Roku Premiere), it will not stop scrolling. We have replaced the batteries, checked for stuck buttons, tried doing a system reset, tried resetting by removing the batteries and unplugging...none of the suggestions we have seen in the forum are working. What's the deal?

renojim

IR interference can cause what you're seeing.  Try turning off the lights, close the drapes, search for another remote with a stuck button...

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
dllennon
Channel Surfer

Can't figure out what could be causing it. I even removed the other remotes from the room and it is still scrolling like crazy.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dllennon 

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
dllennon
Channel Surfer

Thank you. Support says they have shipped me a new remote. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.

meganmcgar

this same exact thing is happening to me and I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere— I'm replying to this post just in case there is an answer soon