Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dauphin87
Level 7

My Roku Express remote not working.

My TV has 2 HDMI ports. One is connected to my Directv box and the other to my Roku Express. When I select Roku on my TV and then try to scroll up and down on the left sidebar menu of choices nothing happens. If I try to arrow over to the installed channels nothing happens. If I press the home button on the Roku remote, it kicks me back to Comp on the TV. I have use the tv button to scroll back to either Dircetv or to Roku. I tried unplugging the express unit and removing and installing new batteries in the Roku remote. Nothing changes. I tried plugging the express into another tv in my house. This one only has one HDMi port. Same problem. I can't navigate anywhere with the Roku remote.  Anyone else have this sort of issue before?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: My Roku Express remote not working.

@Dauphin87 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Roku Express device remote works through IR. Are you making sure the IR sensor on the device, isn't blocked and has a clear line of sight? For other troubleshooting steps regarding an IR remote, visit our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku IR (infrared) remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos