Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

My Roku Express HD remote not working

My remote stopped working so I did the Roku and community suggestions: checked and replaced the batteries, unplugged the Roku for a minute and then plugged it in again. When I've done that, my remote will work ONE time and then stop AGAIN! Over and over this is happening. Only way to stop a movie, change a channel, turn the Roku off is to physically unplug the Roku. Help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: My Roku Express HD remote not working

I can't find any record of an Express HD. I assume you just mean the Express, which has had three different versions (3700, 3900, 3930). All three versions use IR (infrared) communications for their remotes. There is no pairing with IR remotes. But to use them you have to have a clear line of sight between the remote and the Roku. Anything that blocks the front of the Roku will block the IR signal from the remote.

IR remotes either work or they don't. The easiest way to test an IR remote is to look at the front of the remote through a smartphone camera (or any digital video camera) and look for a flashing light when a button is pressed on the remote. If you see a flash, there's nothing wrong with the remote. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It is a Roku Express. Today, after having the Roku unplugged all night, is not working at all. Not sure if it's the remote that's not working or the actual Roku device. How do I pursue a replacement under your two year warranty?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@Joodee wrote:

It is a Roku Express. Today, after having the Roku unplugged all night, is not working at all. Not sure if it's the remote that's not working or the actual Roku device. How do I pursue a replacement under your two year warranty?

Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R with your information and they can assist. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos