Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psongman
Level 8

My RCA Universal Remote works with Roku but won't turn tv off and on?

HI, I haven't needed your help but now I do, so, please assist. I decided to change my batteries in my RCA remote that controls the roku and, it  did the TV, Now, though it still works well with the Roku but no longer turns the TV off and  on. I tried all the ways shown all over the internet to set the remote back up but the lights won't turn on together or work to make it function for turning the tv off and on, So, here is what I have working but what I need.

The RCA RCRST02GR is paired and works well with my Roku but does not turn the tv off and on anymore. I know there must be some simple way to accomplish this, but am sure this happened to some forumites when they changed batteries. Thanks for listening, hope you can assist me, RD

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: My RCA Universal Remote works with Roku but won't turn tv off and on?

"psongman" wrote:
HI, I haven't needed your help but now I do, so, please assist. I decided to change my batteries in my RCA remote that controls the roku and, it  did the TV, Now, though it still works well with the Roku but no longer turns the TV off and  on. I tried all the ways shown all over the internet to set the remote back up but the lights won't turn on together or work to make it function for turning the tv off and on, So, here is what I have working but what I need.

The RCA RCRST02GR is paired and works well with my Roku but does not turn the tv off and on anymore. I know there must be some simple way to accomplish this, but am sure this happened to some forumites when they changed batteries. Thanks for listening, hope you can assist me, RD

Couple of things here you need to keep in mind. That's an IR remote. It isn't actually "paired" with your Roku. It's simply programmed to emit IR signals that the Roku can understand. It'll work with any Roku set top box. It isn't paired to that particular device.

Next, you didn't say which Roku device -- it's always a good idea to include that, along with the model number -- but what I'm saying is true for any Roku set top box.

And, Roku devices don't turn the TV on and off. If you have a Roku remote that turns the TV on and off, it's using IR signals for the TV. That is, it's the Roku remote that turns the TV on and off, not the box. Likewise, if your universal remote turned the TV on and off, it was doing it, not the Roku.

So, not sure what happened regarding that, but the Roku never turned the TV on and off. So, the Roku hasn't stopped doing anything. If there's an issue with the RCA remote, that's an issue with the RCA remote.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos