Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyrell3024

Multiple Roku TV's in close vicinity

Jump to solution

I have three Roku TV's at my bar.  When I attempt to only change volume channel etc on one TV all three TV's react. Is there an aftermarket remote or way to customize the remote for only the intended TV to react at a time? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Multiple Roku TV's in close vicinity

Jump to solution

You would have abandon the IR remotes from all three tv's and upgrade each to wifi voice remote, which only pairs with one roku at a time. 

Any of the first three on this page will work:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You would have abandon the IR remotes from all three tv's and upgrade each to wifi voice remote, which only pairs with one roku at a time. 

Any of the first three on this page will work:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

There is no way to do this. You either have to buy a new TV (with a new remote) or... wait there is no other way*. All roku TVs use the same remote, and all roku boxes use the same remote. Luckily, Roku boxes and Roku TVs use different remotes, so they can be used in the same room.

*I lied...there is a very impracticable  way to do so involving different wifi setups and remotes, but in the long run it would be cheaper getting a new TV. The only short-run solution is get REALLY close to the IR with the remote, and hope it doesn't affect another device.

0 Kudos