Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HSBASB
Level 7

Moving a Roku Streaming Stick Plus from 1 television to another

I moved a Roku Streaming Stick from 1 television to another within my home (on the same network). The home page loads up, but the remote will not work - either to turn the television on or to do anything else. I can control the stick with my smartphone app, but would really like to use the remote. I have already tried to re-pair it by removing the batteries, and depowering the Roku stick. I have pressed the pairing button and held it for 30 plus seconds. The pairing light does not illuminate, and pairing does not occur. I've even changed the batteries on what is essentially a new Roku device. No success. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Moving a Roku Streaming Stick Plus from 1 television to another

@HSBASB 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
HSBASB
Level 7

Re: Moving a Roku Streaming Stick Plus from 1 television to another

Thank you for responding to my post.  I was able to fix the issue yesterday by changing out the batteries for a second time.  The Roku Streaming Stick can now be controlled with my remote.  Problem solved.

0 Kudos