Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayrcorn
Level 7

Moving Roku Stick to a different brand of TV - No power or volume control

Jump to solution

Roku Streaming Stick (3800x) was moved to a Pyle TV after the Insignia TV it was originally controlling no longer functioned. All functions of the Stick work except the on/off and volume control.  After going though all 24 codes, the Stick says the this remote will work with the codes for an "Insignia TV".  How do I switch the TV manufacturer from "Insigna TV" to a Pyle so I can get the appropriate codes to enable on/off and the volume control?

Do I need to do a factory reset?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Moving Roku Stick to a different brand of TV - No power or volume control

Jump to solution

@jayrcorn 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For information about how to setup you remote to control the TV power and volume, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@jayrcorn 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For information about how to setup you remote to control the TV power and volume, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
jayrcorn
Level 7

Jump to solution

Both replies offer the same solution which does not work for me. 

Again, after moving the device to a different brand of tv and trying to set up TV control on the remote: after cycling through all the TV codes, I get a message that the codes for the old brand (which was identified as an Insignia correctly on the screen) do not work and informs me to see roku\remotehelp which does not help either.

I never get a prompt to change the TV to my new brand (Pyle). 

Running a 3800x with 9.4.0 firmware with a build of 4183 which according to the "System Update / Download" prompt is the latest version.  My remote is model RC127 running firmware 2.01.19.108.

is there another way to get the device to recognize it is connected to a new TV that is a different brand?

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
MDG
Level 7

Jump to solution

Im having the same issue. I wish someone would respond without just sending the link to the remote setup. 

0 Kudos
jayrcorn
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am the originating author of this post.  It has been over four months with no fix other than setting up the remote which does nothing.  Do you have the same issue that you can not change the brand of the TV to get new codes?  Have you tried the factory reset?

I can not believe we are the only two individuals that ever move a Roku Stick to another brand of TV.  

If you find a solution please post as Roku must not have an idea how to do this other than buying a new stick?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

Jump to solution

Try this:

1) Do the remote setup

2) Select "yes" when asked about hearing the music playing

3) Select "no" when asked if it stops, repeatedly (go through all the codes with "no")

4) When you get the "unable to setup remote for TV" dialog box, select TRY AGAIN.

5) You will be prompted to search through the brand list

6) Select "Pyle" (or whatever brand you want)

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

Looking here for universal remote codes that might control the Pyle tv:

https://www.eliztech.com/remotes/codelists/pyle-tv-codes

The only code that stands out to me is the 5 digit code 10156, which is the UEI made remote code for Toshiba tv's. So once you can choose a brand try Toshiba. 

Edmund
0 Kudos