Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jingles1
Level 7

Moved Roku tv to new location; can the Roku remote control direct tv cable box? How to?

Jump to solution

We have a sharp Roku tv. No problems. Moved it to a different room. Turn on tv with Roku remote, turn on direct tv with that remote, basic channels—direct tv remote, prime video, Netflix, Roku remote. Sound only on direct tv remote. Any way to make one of these remotes work with the whole thing??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Moved Roku tv to new location; can the Roku remote control direct tv cable box? How to?

Jump to solution

Sorry but no. Roku tv remote only controls a roku tv, period. If you want the Directv remote to control sharp roku tv volume and power try codes 10178 or 11758. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Moved Roku tv to new location; can the Roku remote control direct tv cable box? How to?

Jump to solution

Sorry but no. Roku tv remote only controls a roku tv, period. If you want the Directv remote to control sharp roku tv volume and power try codes 10178 or 11758. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post