Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Menu list will not stop scrolling. Unable to make any selection to access settings or anything else.

I have a Roku Express that is a little over a year old. It has worked without problems until now. The menu list will not stop scrolling. I saw something online about going into settings to complete a "system restart"...but it will not allow you to make any selection to access settings or anything else.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Level 7

Re: Menu list will not stop scrolling. Unable to make any selection to access settings or anything e

Have replaced batteries and powered off/on to reboot but nothing changed.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Menu list will not stop scrolling. Unable to make any selection to access settings or anything e

Check for other remotes in the room, under a book, in cushion, sounds like IR interference. Try standing in front of the roku to see if it blocking the incoming IR from the source. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@321 

Thanks for the post.

If after trying the steps provided by @Tivoburkee are not working, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos