Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Max distance for enhanced voice remote to roku Ultra

Can I place a Roku Ultra in basement and use remote upstairs? Do they communicate by the Wifi network? Is there any issue with this setup?
Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Max distance for enhanced voice remote to roku Ultra

They communicate via Wi-Fi direct.  It will probably work, but if it doesn't you can always use an app on your phone to control it via your network.  Unlike the remote that must communicate directly with the Ultra, as long as your phone and the Ultra both have a connection to your network the phone will be able to control it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Max distance for enhanced voice remote to roku Ultra

Thanks. I looked at all the data about Wifi Direct. Looks like it theoretically should work for hundreds of feet. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I know some out there are saying, "why doesn't he just test it?"

I'm building a house out of state and living in an apartment. I plan to have the main TV on a wall with minimal clearance behind it. Trying to figure out if I can use the ROKU downstairs attached to all my components and not rely on TV's apps.

In theory, I think it should work, but would love it if somewhere out there, someone could confirm it.

0 Kudos