Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kthawk
Channel Surfer

Lost volume control on Roku remote rc608

ROKU remote model: Roku Express 4K+
remote model: RC608.

ROKU software 11

SAMSUNG smart TV QLED

all of a sudden my Roku remote will not control the volume of my TV. I did all the troubleshooting steps that were recommended. My remote is paired with my TV, but when I try to set up the remote to control my TV, none of these Samsung codes worked (“music stopped playing”). There were only 8 codes listed & none worked. I have no idea what happened or what to do next. I’ve read every article and done everything to no avail. Would appreciate some help if anybody has insight into this! Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Lost volume control on Roku remote rc608

@Kthawk

Thanks for the post.

Perhaps @Tivoburkee can provide some insight here as he's our current resident Community Remote Expert.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Samsung has not changed their IR code in many years, what has changed was Roku had to change their software to fix patent infringement, so their library of codes isn't as robust as it once was. Try changing brands to Westinghouse, some Westinghouse models use the Samsung code. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Kthawk
Channel Surfer

I truly appreciate the quick response. I did try Westinghouse and unfortunately it did not work. But thanks for trying to help me out. If you have any other ideas, let me know. Cheers

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Try switching to your cellphone Hotspot if you have one just during programming the Roku remote fir your TV brand. Once programmed you switch back to your home internet.

Edmund

0 Kudos
Kthawk
Channel Surfer

I turned on my personal hotspot but my Roku could not “find it“ even though I entered it manually under “private net work“. I may be a dunce and didn’t do it right

0 Kudos
renojim

@Kthawk, your Roku device probably only supports 2.4GHz and your hotspot is configured to use 5GHz.

0 Kudos
Kthawk
Channel Surfer

Thanks. Appreciate the info

0 Kudos