Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amber1
Level 7

Lost remote

I lost my Roku remote and my Roku is no longer connected to the WiFi how can I fix it

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Lost remote

Depends on the model Roku you have.

• If it is a Roku Stick (any version) then you have to have a Roku remote designed for that model. There is no other option.
  • If it's a Roku player, you can use any inexpensive IR remote that has Roku codes. Just make sure it says it works on a Roku player, as not all IR remotes do. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
agar700
Level 7

No remote and cant set up

I lost my remote to my roku stream stick and reset the device but now I cant connect or set up. Please tell me developers may have had a countermeasure for this? 

[merged thread]

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Re: No remote and cant set up

Unfortunately, with a Stick you must have a Roku remote to perform the initial setup. The Stick does not support IR, and until it's connected to a network you can't use a phone app to control it. At least for your Stick the remote is still available for purchase. $20 will get you a new remote. 

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos