Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Lost remote cant work tv

lost remote TV is on different internet than phone what do i do

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Lost remote cant work tv

Your TV will work with a universal IR remote that has the Roku codes. You should be able to find something local for under $20. Roku also sells replacement TV remotes. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

To help you get the right remote for the job we need to know what Roku model you have.  If it is a Roku stick and you don't know the model, what color is it - black or purple?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@morgantighe 

Thanks for the post.

As @makaiguy @atc98092 hinted, we will need more information about the issue you are experiencing. If you have a Roku device, we will need to know the Roku device model number in order to recommend you the appropriate replacement remote.

If you have a Roku TV, please contact your TV's manufacturer directly to report this issue and request additional support. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. 

If you need a replacement remote for a Roku TV, you would need to contact your TV manufacturer. For a list of Roku TV manufacturers contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

You can also purchase a remote that is compatible with your Roku TV here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/roku-tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi - I need a replacement remote for my streaming stick- all the remotes eg on Amazon or Best Buy say - not compatible with the streaming stick.  My ROKU Stick serial number - S5SDP133265.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@Chrisser wrote:

Hi - I need a replacement remote for my streaming stick- all the remotes eg on Amazon or Best Buy say - not compatible with the streaming stick.  My ROKU Stick serial number - S5SDP133265.

Is it the purple Stick? If so, there are no replacement remotes. Sometimes you can find a used on on eBay, but a) someone may list one for the 3500 but it actually is for the newer versions) or b) the price is getting close to what a new player would cost. Plus, there's no way to know if the used one will continue working. After all, it's used.

Honestly, for the difference in price I recommend getting a new Premiere. It's much better than the old purple Stick, more powerful, and just overall improved. 

Now, if your Stick is the 3600 or newer, then you can find new remotes on the Roku web site. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

I'm pretty sure that would be a 3600.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks - there is only one remote listed on the ROKU site, and no information on its compatibility so I'm not sure of it will work with my stick. Where do I see if mine is a 3600?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@Chrisser wrote:

Thanks - there is only one remote listed on the ROKU site, and no information on its compatibility so I'm not sure of it will work with my stick. Where do I see if mine is a 3600?

The remote on the Roku web page works with the 3600 and newer models. The model number is usually pressed into the case, but can be difficult to see. as it's usually not a sticker or something obvious. Of course, you can see it in the settings menu, but if you can't control the Roku naturally you can't get to that one. But if the Stick case isn't purple, odds are good that it's a 3600 or newer.

I'm assuming that the Stick did not come with the TV and both the TV and Roku OS are controlled with the same remote. The would be the original MHL Roku Stick, and there are no remotes for that device either. But that would likely be more than 6 years old, so let us know about that. 

Dan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The ROKU stick is black - so you may be right that its a 3600. The original remote didn't turn on the TV.. Does that mean I can get the remote on the ROKU site? Question - if I upgrade to the Premiere, will it be easier to get replacement remotes if I need them?  Really appreciate your help!

0 Kudos