Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jkelley2021
Level 7

Lost Roku remote, Emerson smart tv (not a Roku tv) with Roku premier +

I have lost the Roku remote. I have an Emerson smart tv, it is not a Roku tv, with the Roku premier + box. What remote will pair with this type of tv?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Lost Roku remote, Emerson smart tv (not a Roku tv) with Roku premier +

@Jkelley2021 

Roku Voice Remotes work with many TVs. However, some TV brands, including Emerson, use different code systems for different models. That means a Roku Voice Remote may or may not work. However, they usually do, though sometimes it's a long setup process. Not having used an Emerson, I can't say with certainty, but as mentioned, even if I had, there's no guarantee your Emerson uses the same remote code system as another model Emerson.

Universal remotes will control many devices, and that information is on the box in most instances, so picking up a universal remote from Walmart, Best Buy, etc., will likely work, but you'd also need to program it for Roku, and then swap devices by the button on the universal remote. I suspect that's not the experience you're after.

Your best bet is to get a Roku Voice Remote ($20) from Walmart, Best Buy, etc., and see if it will control your TV.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos