Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Remote Sound Notification Button?

Jump to solution

My old stand-alone Roku box had a button on it that you could push and would send a signal to the remote to make a noise when it was lost. I now have a TCL tv with the built it Roku interface. Is that feature on the old remote obsolete at this point? Anyway to utilize it? Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Lost Remote Sound Notification Button?

Jump to solution

@EleanorGrace

Thanks for the inquiry.

The feature you are referring to is the Remote Finder. Please be aware that this feature is only available on certain model Roku devices, such as the Roku Ultra.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@EleanorGrace

Thanks for the inquiry.

The feature you are referring to is the Remote Finder. Please be aware that this feature is only available on certain model Roku devices, such as the Roku Ultra.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
salted
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Any solution here? This thread is years old now and I only see someone asking for model numbers. The whole reason I spent extra on this model instead of a cheaper Ultra having the exact same hardware except the remote finder. This feature stopped working entirely after a couple weeks.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @salted,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Have you tried taking a look here at our Support resources and following the steps to resolve the issue? How to find your Roku® remote using the lost remote finder feature | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
salted
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't know what is going on here. I replied to this thread by mikevio16 pasted on 06-20-2020. It's 12 pages long and full of people complaining about the remote finder feature not working.  Now my post has been moved to a thread about someone trying to get the feature to work with a TCL remote. 

0 Kudos