Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apanict
Reel Rookie

Long range wifi reciever broken

The mini USB head of my long range wifi reciever broke off after just two months of use. I've tried to order a replacement from the website but they've been out of stock, so something tells me a lot of people are having this problem. While I'm annoyed that I even have to pay $20 for a replacement (the thing literally broke off just from the gravity of being plugged into my television, super flimsy product), at this point I'd just like to be able to use my roku. What do I do? How can I get a replacement and if I cant how do I get refund so I can buy a streaming product that doesn't fall apart from just sitting there?

8 REPLIES 8
apanict
Reel Rookie

Re: Long range wifi reciever broken

Sn is 21314F236059

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Where did you purchase a Roku from? You only bought it 2 months ago? Have you filed a warranty claim? I own 4 Roku Sticks actually. Never any issues with the long range wire. Two are just hanging there  The other two I used Velcro to strap it to the power cord. If your cable is not long enough to reach the wall outlet then the weight of the A/C power adapter will be pulling on it. That can cause premature wear. No one knows the situation you are in. We can’t see how you have it hooked up. Unfortunately yes they are out of stock and who knows when they will be back in stock. So if I were you I would file a warranty claim. In the meantime you can just purchase a new Roku. Then once the warranty claim comes through you will have two sticks. You could sell the other one. I know that’s not the best advice but you can start streaming at least. You can also call Roku’s it’s right on the support website. Just select other. The only way damage could happen to it is if it’s being pulled taught. 

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Flagging this to bring it to the attention of Roku employees @RokuDanny-R@RokuKariza-D, & @RokuMary-F 

Perhaps they can help get you a replacement.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

While not a very good solution if you have the Roku app on a phone connected to the same wifi network as the Roku Streaming Stick Plus you can use the phone as a remote and get a cable like this one from Amazon.   The cable will NOT work with you Roku remote but I think it will power the streaming stick plus.  If it doesn't work for power you can return it.

https://www.amazon.com/NTQ-Replacement-Charging-Streaming-Player/dp/B07ZVRQLSF/ref=sr_1_3?crid=20U9E...

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@HDMIGuy, that's not going to work because it needs the "long range receiver" to do anything.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Sorry.  My error.  I forgot it needs the receiver for WiFi and not just to communicate with the remote.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@apanict

Thanks for the posts.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @apanict,

Thanks for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We regret hearing about this issue. Please be advised that we have passed along this case along with the information you've provided to our Support team.

They will reach out to you to assist you further.

If you still need a hand or have other enquiries that we can further look into, let us know. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos