Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonathanAVogel
Level 7

Left and down buttons don’t work

On my Roku remote device, the left and down arrow buttons suddenly stopped working. I took out the batteries and replaced them, but it didn’t help. Everything else works on the remote. I was unable to figure it out how to PM someone in tech support. I know my account email address and device serial number. Can someone please assist me? Thank you. @Danny-R

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Left and down buttons don’t work

@JonathanAVogel 

If it's just those buttons, and new batteries made no difference, it sounds like a remote issue. Could be bad. Could be the mechanism in the button is faulty. Or, hear me out, could be dirt or dust breaking the contact.

Try blowing it out with compressed air and wiping down.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

FurdBurfel
Level 7

Remove the batteries & the remote can be split in half.  inside, there is a clear sheet of plastic that is intermediate between the buttons pushed on the remote and the circuit board.  This clear plastic fails from repeated or agressive button pushing..  good luck on trying to find parts.

0 Kudos
Marebare143
Level 7

What will fix this issue with the left and down buttons not working? It will work from time to time then wont. It is very frustrating.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Marebare143

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here: How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote.

Remote issues differ based on the type of Roku remote. Before you begin troubleshooting, first determine which type of remote you use with your Roku streaming device: A Roku simple remote or a Roku voice remote. A remote with a voice button that has a microphone icon or a magnifying glass icon is a Roku voice remote. A remote that does not have a voice button is a Roku simple remote.

All the best,
Irene

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos