Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
FrankIII
Level 7

Leadstar TV Remote Codes

I was given a Leadstar 10” TV and a Stick+ for Christmas. I can not find Leadstar in the Roku Stick+ remote setup to control volume & Pwr on the TV. I see there are many people buying this brand and having the same issue. ROKU will you please get with your engineers on this. As I said Leadstar is rapidly becoming a very popular brand  

THANKS, FrankIII

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Re: Leadstar TV Remote Codes

If a tv comes on the market using a brand new code set no other tv brand used before it probably years before it shows up on other manufacturers remotes. Take sony, they changed the code set of their AV receivers from AV1 to AV2 code set, this was back in 2002, to this day many remotes still don't have AV2 code set in them. Roku did it right, when they released the Roku TV's they didn't use a brand new code set, they used a very old code set in fact two very old tv code sets, so many remotes already out there had a code for them. Find out if this Leadstar uses someone else's code, if it does, use that brand instead.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
FrankIII
Level 7

TiVo, Thanks for your reply. I have searched everywhere on the web but can not find any info on what other mfr code works with  Leadstar TV’s that could be used in Roku remotes setup. What ever happened to the learning universal remotes that you would point it at the IR window of the original remote to learn the commands????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

There still a few learning remotes out there but none that will replace a wifi roku remote, which is the only type of remote your stick+ communicates with. If it were a Express, Express+, Premiere or Premiere + it would take IR remote, I would suggest the One-For-All urc-7935 Streamer remote, many open box being sold on ebay for $10:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/One-For-All-Universal-Remote-Streaming-Control-3-Devices-Stream-Box-TV-Audi...

Its a one device remote that controls three components, Tv, Avr/Sound bar, and Streamer. And is a learning remote. Heres next to roku tv remote:P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Edmund
0 Kudos