Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AO268
Level 7

Latest Update ruined my remote

I use a Roku 3930X which was perfectly fine. I updated my device based on a prompt I saw on my TV in the last week of June 2021, so far it’s been the worst mistake. My remote is practically unusable, it is so slow and most times gets frozen and unresponsive, I now use the roku app on my phone as remote instead, which is very annoying. I somehow can’t reach roku support, it keep bringing me to the community page.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Latest Update ruined my remote

@AO268 

I believe the 3930x Express remote is strictly IR based (line of sight).  It could be that the remote is failing (IR blaster) or the 3930x (IR receiver) is failing.  If new batteries doesn't solve your issue, maybe need to purchase a replacement Roku remote or try a universal IR Streaming Remote available reasonably priced in stores and online.

At first impression, sounds like hardware issue (IR blaster and/or IR receiver) more than a software/firmware issue, especially if Roku Remote App can navigate and operate your 3930 device without issue. (using network connection).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.

StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Latest Update ruined my remote

@AO268 wrote:

I use a Roku 3930X which was perfectly fine. I updated my device based on a prompt I saw on my TV in the last week of June 2021, so far it’s been the worst mistake. My remote is practically unusable, it is so slow and most times gets frozen and unresponsive, I now use the roku app on my phone as remote instead, which is very annoying. I somehow can’t reach roku support, it keep bringing me to the community page.

1) Remove batteries from remote for a few minutes (try fresh batteries) - try again

2) Check for updates again:  Settings/System/System update/Check now - try again

3) Restart your Roku:  Settings/System/System restart/Restart - try again

4) Power off your Roku (unplug power) for 5-10 minutes - try again

5) Factory reset your Roku:  Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset - try again

FYI, the 3930 isnt available for agent-assisted support:  https://support.roku.com/article/208757038

However, if the issue persists after attempting all of the above steps, message @RokuDanny-R or @RokuKariza-D or @RokuMary-F  and they may be able to assist you further.

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos