Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Issue with volume button not working

My remote works with the roku and TV (turns on/off). However, the volume button on the side of the remote will not change the volume. I have a HDMI cable going out of the tv (arc port) to my soundbar which is setup as HDMI-TV ARC. The remote for the soundbar works fine, but the roku remote will not change the volume. I've checked for firmware updates on both the TV and Roku (none to be downloaded). Any suggestions on how to get the volume button working? It's annoying to have to use two remotes.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Issue with volume button not working

Refresh the hdmi-cec devices attached to your tv.  The roku remote will only control tv's volume its upto the tv to control the soundbar volume. If still doesn't work re-do the tv programming on the roku remote skip the first positive result and see if later codes work better. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted

What's the best way to refresh the device? I have the sounds bar attached to the TV? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

It will be a option in the Tv menu, if the tv has hdmi-cec capability.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted

So I tried to re-program the remote to the TV again... After the first question of asking if I can hear music, it came up with the next question (without a code) and asked if I could still hear music? Usually it would start Code 1-40 something. The question without the code of if the music had stopped, actually had the no music. I clicked Yes and now it seems to be fine. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Spoke too soon.... The power button works with the TV and the remote works with the Roku, but the sound button still will not turn the volume up or down on the sound bar with the Roku remote.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

You have to take care of the tv, it isn't a roku problem. How is the soundbar connected to the tv, what type of cable and do you have a choice of cables like hdmi over optical? If available use the hdmi-arc. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Gotcha. I do have it via TV Arc and the sound bar is connected via hdmi cable on the tv-arc port

0 Kudos