Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
airric10
Level 7

Re: Issue with volume button not working

Jump to solution

This worked for me. Thanks!

@NinaVmp wrote:

After trying repairing (which it didn't work) this was the solution: Settings - Remote & Devices - Remotes - Enhanced voice remote (in use) - Set up remote for TV control. Than the system walked me through the audio test process, and that was it! It worked perfectly. 

terryj2000
Level 7

Jump to solution

My volume button stopped working this morning and I DO NOT have a sound bar.  I use an HDMI connection from the Roku Ultra to a Samsung TV.  I have a WiFi connection to the Roku Ultra.

I rebooted the Roku; removed the batteries from the remote and paired it again to the TV.  This did not solve the problem.

Please advise

Terry

0 Kudos
debrich
Level 7

Jump to solution

We have had our Roku stick for 1 year and a half with no problems.  About two weeks ago, the volume button quit working consistently then yesterday it quit working altogether.  After watching a couple of YouTube videos I found this thread.  I followed the steps on this post and now the volume buttons are working.  Thank you so much!  Technology...gotta love it!

0 Kudos
IMACLARRY
Level 7

Jump to solution

I DID A COMPLETE SYSTEM RESET AND IT SOLVED MY VOLUME AND MUTE PROBLEM.

0 Kudos
KC13
Level 7

Jump to solution

We began experiencing the same issue a few days ago.  I unplugged the device from the TV, removed the batteries from the remote, and paired the remote to the device again.  Unfortunately, this did not resolve my issue. Any other suggestions?   

0 Kudos
sdg638
Level 7

Jump to solution

Model 4230X-Roku 3

Serial  63259S022374

Software 10.00 Build 4194-04

Issue ID 74-192-528

0 Kudos
saxplayr
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had three Roku TV remotes all stop working in the past 2 days (No volume control and would not turn on the TV).  I was able to solve all three by doing a NEW REMOTE pairing.... 

HOWEVER, one of my TVs is a Sharp and it required me to add my TV make.  The option for Sharp is no longer in the TV List!!!!!!!  I was able to pair by selecting another TV (Mitsubishi) and took me through several pair options until it found one that worked.

0 Kudos
Kenric
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am also having the a problem with my volume button no longer following the latest update.

Model: 3810X- Roku Streaming Stick+
Serial: YHOOOL305505

Device ID: C138A0305505

Software: 10.0.0 • build 4195-50

0 Kudos
Jasonmatthewfar
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have roku sticks on all of my TVs, and had various roku devices for many years. I’m familiar with troubleshooting issues. But on one of my TV’s, the sound buttons also stopped working yesterday after software version 10.0.0 was pushed out. It’s gotta be directly tied to this update. It’s not the TV (which also is a Sharp). Ideas?

0 Kudos
Dovetro
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi my remotes were working since I started using roku and this week all my remotes stopped controlling the volume. What’s up?? 

0 Kudos