Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lzicc
Level 7

Issue with Roku Remote using earbuds

I have a Samsung TV and and Roku Ultra. The ultra remote is paired to operate my TV's volume and power. If I plug my earbuds into the remote, the remote no longer operates the Roku or TV. I have to pair the remote again with the Roku and the TV. This happens every time I use the earbuds. Not sure what could cause this issue. What would the earbuds have anything to do with losing the remote pairing? I've also tried a different set of earbuds.[/font]

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Issue with Roku Remote using earbuds

"lzicc" wrote:
I have a Samsung TV and and Roku Ultra. The ultra remote is paired to operate my TV's volume and power. If I plug my earbuds into the remote, the remote no longer operates the Roku or TV. I have to pair the remote again with the Roku and the TV. This happens every time I use the earbuds. Not sure what could cause this issue. What would the earbuds have anything to do with losing the remote pairing? I've also tried a different set of earbuds.

Which Ultra? I have the 4660 (the 4661 is the same device) and don't have any issue with the remote controlling the TV power with the headphone plugged in.

Regarding it not controlling the TV volume when the headphones are plugged in, that is expected behavior. When the headphones are plugged in, the volume control is to the headphones, as the TV sound should be muted at that point.

By the way, whatever you're doing to copy-paste your questions, you might want to rethink that. The BBCode makes you look like a spammer.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
lzicc
Level 7

Re: Issue with Roku Remote using earbuds

It's the latest Roku, the 2018 version. The remote just stops working. It won't operate the Roku or the TV. It loses it's pairing with both devices and I have to re pair it with the Roku and the TV. 
0 Kudos