Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lfayb
Level 9

Is there anyway to increase volume of remote finder of roku ultra?

I just tried the remote finder to see how it works.  Played around with the different sound options.  My hearing is not very good and with any of the options, it is hard for me to hear.  Unless the remote was near by I would never hear it.  Is there a way to increase the volume of the sound of it emits?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Is there anyway to increase volume of remote finder of roku ultra?

I don't believe there's a way, but you might try the Roku's on-board settings (Settings > Audio > Menu Volume).  If that doesn't help, let me know, and I'll forward your feedback to the Roku Gods.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
lfayb
Level 9

I just went just went and tried it. It was set to medium,   I switched it to high.  Still could not hear till I was close enough to pick it up.  It probably works ok fior some people, but  for those like me, sr citizens with some hearing issues, it needs to be a bit louder to be useful
thanks
0 Kudos
fluke
Level 10

Can Roku please provide a way for a channel manifest to extend the library of remote finder sounds?  For example, if NBC wanted to provide their branding chimes as a remote finder option then installing the NBC channel would extend the setting menu to include the option to push the correctly formatted audio file?  Having more options may help people that have problems with the default set of remote finder sounds.

Also, for this specific issue, it would be nice if future remotes had a visual component to the remote finder.  I assume the IR LED is coming off a GPIO pins on one of the chips in the remote?  If there is another pin readily available then it might be cheap to add a bright non-IR LED next to the existing one.
0 Kudos