Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmazzotta
Level 8

Is there a way to set a Roku Express+ Remote to have a 'Quick Link' to Sling TV?

I currently own a Roku Express for a TV and purchased a second Roku device (Roku Express+) for our other TV. It arrived today.

We currently use Netflix and Sling TV as our streaming services.  Our original Roku has a 'Sling' button on it that we can press to quickly jump to the Sling Menu which is a nice feature.   But this new remote that just showed up doesn't have Sling on it (it has Vudu, Disney+, Nextflix and Hulu).  Is there any way to somehow reprogram it so that hitting one of these buttons (ie Hulu) jumps to the Sling menu instead?

Alternatively, is there a way to purchase a Roku Express+ that has a Sling button on it and we would return this one we just got?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is there a way to set a Roku Express+ Remote to have a 'Quick Link' to Sling TV?

Sorry no way of switching the app keys to other services. Usually all roku sold at walmart come with vudu key, purchase anywhere else it will probably have Slingtv as a key. All recent roku remotes sold by Roku have had Slingtv key. Along with netflix, hulu, and Disney+. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
tmazzotta
Level 8

Re: Is there a way to set a Roku Express+ Remote to have a 'Quick Link' to Sling TV?

thanks for the quick reply.

do you know where I could purchase a Roku Express+ that has a quick access 'Sling' button?

I only found them at walmart.

thanks.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Probably directly from Roku. There might be other retailers with them, so Best Buy might have them as well. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

The express+ is now Walmart exclusive, it isn't sold anywhere else. But keep the one you have, buy voice remote alone from amazon, it will come with slingtv button:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-RCAL7R-Voice-Remote-New/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_ybh_a_34?_encoding=UTF8&psc...

Edmund

0 Kudos
tmazzotta
Level 8

Thanks again for the quick reply. We got the express+ setup last night. So far, so good except for one time where the remote just completely stopped working. Had to power down power up the remote and Roku device to get it to work again. Roku remote app on my iPhone continued to work fine. Hope that doesn’t happen again.

re quick launch button: it’s not important enough to warrant buying more gadgets but thanks for the suggestion. We put the sling app first so it is easy to get to at start.

0 Kudos