Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShaunPB
Level 7

Is there a way to make the remote for my Philips Roku tv work for my Roku Express?

Jump to solution

I recently bought a Philips Roku tv, but it  fell before I could get it mounted and the screen broke. I have another tv set up with a Roku Express, but the remote is broken (we have a tendency to accidentally break a lot of stuff in my household LoL). Instead of buying a replacement remote for the Roku Express I'm hoping to use the remote that came with the Philips Roku tv. I tried Googling my question, but I couldn't find a straight answer -  I'm hoping someone here can help me out & tell me if there is a way to make the remote for my Philips Roku tv work for my Roku Express

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Is there a way to make the remote for my Philips Roku tv work for my Roku Express?

Jump to solution

@ShaunPB 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku Express, you can purchase a Simple Remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: Is there a way to make the remote for my Philips Roku tv work for my Roku Express?

Jump to solution

Sorry, but no. Roku tv's use a completely different code set then stand alone roku's like the express. You don't need a true roku remote for the express just get a cheap universal remote from target or the dollar store that lists roku as a brand. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@ShaunPB 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku Express, you can purchase a Simple Remote from our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos