Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ebc1973
Level 7

Instant replay button

Up until yesterday, this button worked fine. When pushed, it would "rewind" whatever show/movie I was watching 30 seconds. I have not changed any settings. Suddenly today, when I push the button, instead of going back 30 seconds, it goes back to the beginning of the show/movie. Is this happening to other people?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Instant replay button

It works differently for different channels.. what channel are you using?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
ebc1973
Level 7

I'm watching Amazon Prime. Up until yesterday, hitting the button would rewind the show/movie back 30 seconds. I use it constantly if I miss some dialogue. Now pushing it restarts whatever I'm watching from the beginning. I can't tell you how frustrating this is.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

On Amazon, it does indeed restart a movie for me. However, on MoviesAnywhere, it rewinds about 15 seconds. On Google Play, it rewinds about 25 seconds.

That indicates it's up to the individual app to determine what the button does. 

Note that on Amazon, the Rewind button moves back about 8 seconds per jump. It will continue to move back at that rate until you press another button. That may allow you to accomplish what you previously did with the Replay button on that app.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
ebc1973
Level 7

If it's happening to you as well, I'm guessing there is no way to revert back. As I stated before, just over a day ago, pushing that button did not cause the show/movie to restart from the beginning. Since there is an option in the menu to "play from beginning", changing the function of the button is redundant. I can only surmise this is a mistake on their end. This was the only support I could find regarding Roku. Any suggestions on how to address this issue to the team who could fix it?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

You would need to contact Amazon, as they control the development of their channel. There's nothing Roku can do to change it.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"ebc1973" wrote:
If it's happening to you as well, I'm guessing there is no way to revert back. As I stated before, just over a day ago, pushing that button did not cause the show/movie to restart from the beginning. Since there is an option in the menu to "play from beginning", changing the function of the button is redundant. I can only surmise this is a mistake on their end. This was the only support I could find regarding Roku. Any suggestions on how to address this issue to the team who could fix it?

I don't think I made my point clearly.
"atc98092" wrote:
You would need to contact Amazon, as they control the development of their channel. There's nothing Roku can do to change it.

That. Exactly that.

My testing should have proved to all that it's the app that determines what happens when the button is pressed. It's how the app developer coded it. If it changed, it's because the app changed how the button works. Amazon wrote the Amazon app, just like Google wrote the Google Play app, and so on.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
ebc1973
Level 7

I appreciate everyone's help. I came here AFTER contacting Amazon directly. Spent over an hour with them on the phone yesterday, and was essentially told to contact Roku. They say it sounds like a hardware issue. But if you guys are experiencing the same thing, I seriously doubt all of our hardware malfunctioned simultaneously. As with all corporate partnerships, they will pawn it off to the other entity, and the customer in the middle gets screwed. Guess I'll just have to live with a useless button. Irritating. But I appreciate all the responses nonetheless.
0 Kudos
nhraj700
Level 7

"ebc1973" wrote:
Up until yesterday, this button worked fine. When pushed, it would "rewind" whatever show/movie I was watching 30 seconds. I have not changed any settings. Suddenly today, when I push the button, instead of going back 30 seconds, it goes back to the beginning of the show/movie. Is this happening to other people?

Seems like I am running into the same issue with the Tablo application on a ROKU Ultra 4660x.  Rewind stopped functioning with Live TV along with Rewind.  Tablo has identified at least that its app is only affected by ROKU's running the firmware Roku Software Version 8.1 Build 4090. Users running 8.1 Build 4091 are not affected.
Just curious, what is your configuration?
0 Kudos
ebc1973
Level 7

I am running 8.0.0 build 4184-24
0 Kudos