Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clint3200
Level 7

Incessant notification saying "Remote Control" on TV screen when not using the remote

I have a new Roku Ultra with an enhanced remote.  Whether Netflix, Youtube Tv, no matter the content, while watching a program- the screen constatnly has a "remote control" notification appear at the top right corner.

I set the remote on a table pointed aaway from TV, still happens.

. Wired internet connection.

I have tried unpairing/ reconnect.

The issue happened on 9.3 and continues on 9.4.

I've scoured the Roku Help and Google searches with no resolution.

Appreciate any suggestions.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Incessant notification saying "Remote Control" on TV screen when not using the remote

@Clint3200 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Incessant notification saying "Remote Control" on TV screen when not using the remote

It's possible your remote is telling you it needs new batteries. Look more closely at it next time it appears, to see what battery level it shows. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Clint3200
Level 7

Thanks for the reply.

The battery percentage was 59%, but I went ahead and put 2 brand new batteries in. 

Battery percentage reads 100% and the issue happened twice within the first minute.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Well, worth a shot... darn.

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Clint3200 

Thanks for the update.

I have responded to your PM that you sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos