Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clint3200
Reel Rookie

Incessant notification saying "Remote Control" on TV screen when not using the remote

I have a new Roku Ultra with an enhanced remote.  Whether Netflix, Youtube Tv, no matter the content, while watching a program- the screen constatnly has a "remote control" notification appear at the top right corner.

I set the remote on a table pointed aaway from TV, still happens.

. Wired internet connection.

I have tried unpairing/ reconnect.

The issue happened on 9.3 and continues on 9.4.

I've scoured the Roku Help and Google searches with no resolution.

Appreciate any suggestions.

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Incessant notification saying "Remote Control" on TV screen when not using the remote

@Clint3200 

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Incessant notification saying "Remote Control" on TV screen when not using the remote

It's possible your remote is telling you it needs new batteries. Look more closely at it next time it appears, to see what battery level it shows. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Clint3200
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply.

The battery percentage was 59%, but I went ahead and put 2 brand new batteries in. 

Battery percentage reads 100% and the issue happened twice within the first minute.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Well, worth a shot... darn.

Dan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Clint3200 

Thanks for the update.

I have responded to your PM that you sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Monmac
Reel Rookie

I am having the very same problem and it just randomly started tonight.  I cannot find any help or fix online which is incredibly disappointing.  Please help!

0 Kudos
Sandy398
Reel Rookie

notification saying "Remote Control" on TV screen when not using the remote

The battery icon remote control pops up every 10 seconds on the screen. It doesn't matter if fully charged or not. Green Light blinks on remote and drains the remote so I have to keep charging it. I talked to Roku and they tell me take back to best buy...best buy says not our problem you didn't buy extended warranty. It's not even 3 months old. I got model number 4802x suppose to the newest and greatest. So far not impressed. Didn't have this issue until it did a software update so there is a problem with your software. Again not impressed. I will be calling again tomorrow as this is getting old. I had roku before with the stick, loved it, upgraded because you sent an email it was out of date n wouldn't give me updates. I went out for the newest n best Roku because it was great, to end up with a product I'm ready to throw out the window. You can't watch TV with a constant icon appearing in the right upper corner of the TV grabbing your attention every 10 seconds... what happened to quality products ? Why do I have to pay for shipping a defective product back ? Why is no one accountable ? Why is this such an issue to be replaced because I didn't buy the extended warranty..... why would I buy an extended warranty when my last Roku worked for 10 plus years and still works..... totally annoyed. I really hope someone contacts me soon with some answers.

atc98092

Re: notification saying "Remote Control" on TV screen when not using the remote

@Sandy398 Roku offers a one year warranty in the US. Best Buy is correct that you're outside their return window, so Roku needs to honor the warranty. I'm certain @RokuDanny-R or @RokuKariza-D can help you out. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Monmac
Reel Rookie

Re: notification saying "Remote Control" on TV screen when not using the remote

It is crazy that no one from Roku cares enough to address this issue and does not make someone available to assist. Guess I'll be returning the television for a Google TV.