Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OutWestandnorth
Reel Rookie

Re: If the latest update (v 10.0.0 build 4177-46) breaks controlling TV volume-mute with Roku remote

Jump to solution

Same problem here as of today.  Roku Ultra suddenly stopped controlling mute and volume.  Neither the Ultra remote nor another Roku remote work with volume now but all worked yesterday.  I’ve resynced both repeatedly.  Other remote functions work.   TV working fine.  What have you broken?  It’s ridiculous of customer service to put out such a deficient product or update.   Very unhappy.

Tags (2)
whomeqqqq
Streaming Star

Re: If the latest update (v 10.0.0 build 4177-46) breaks controlling TV volume-mute with Roku remote

Jump to solution

How?

It worked (buggy  ap but worked) for 3 years and I never had to set anything except a password that I can recall. 

0 Kudos
whomeqqqq
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have no idea where to find all those things and what you really asked for.

Did you want my TV serial number or the roku serial number or what?

0 Kudos
whomeqqqq
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

And just how do *I* update the roku?  they seem to force updates on us whether we want them or not and whether they are useful/good or not.

whomeqqqq
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Been there done that .  Still broken.  Now what ??

keh
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here. Roku:  are you going to send a FIX for this??

Baxa
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My build is 4195 and volume still isn’t working...

0 Kudos
Slamfire851c
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same issue the 10.0.0 update has made the roku remote tv volume control non functional. It was working perfectly fine before the update. 

I did the re-pairing I spent almost 20 minutes trying to find a new code in the "set up remote for tv control" to get the tv volume controls to work and nothing helped.

The tv is a sony bravia my roku is an ultra.

The roku remote can still turn the tv on and off but none of the suggested solutions I've read so far has resolved the situation.

0 Kudos
Tbuehler

Jump to solution

I have tried everything and my remote just will not pair up for the volume. This is very annoying and so much time lost on something that should be remedied through a fix on Rokus end. Please fix this! 

@keh wrote:

Have 2 TVs and 2 Roku devices - remotes for BOTH Rokus no longer control volume.

#1:  Roku  Streaming Stick Plus   Model 3810

TV:  Dynex

Issue ID:  35-191-754

#2:   Roku Ultra   Model 4670X

TV:  Sony Bravia

Issue ID:  01-191-637

NOTE:   Software build is  4195-46

0 Kudos
Tbuehler

Jump to solution

3810X Roku Streaming Stick

RCA TV

Serial # YH00160040893

10.0.0 build 4195-50

ID# C137C1040893

0 Kudos