Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wynsmth26
Level 9

If the latest update (v 10.0.0 build 4177-46) breaks controlling TV volume-mute with Roku remote...

If the latest update (v 10.0.0 build 4177-46) breaks controlling TV volume-mute with Roku remote, just go into settings & re-set the remote to control the TV .

5 Replies
omahatechguy
Level 7

Re: If the latest update (v 10.0.0 build 4177-46) breaks controlling TV volume-mute with Roku remote

Reset what? Remove the remote and re-add it or do you mean just restart the roku? After the update none of my remotes detect headphones being plugged in. Nothing I've tried has fixed it. 

0 Kudos
wynsmth26
Level 9

Re: If the latest update (v 10.0.0 build 4177-46) breaks controlling TV volume-mute with Roku remote

I only had an issue with the volume & mute controls. I went to settings> remotes & devices> remotes> enhanced voice remote(the remote I have in use) > set up remote for TV control. 

0 Kudos
HomeTeamW5
Level 7

My remote worked fine before the update controlling both my tv's on/off and the volume on my soundbar. I've been able to re-sync the soundbar (but now the volume buttons on the roku remote are extremely laggy). I tried to do another set up for remote to control my TV, but now it doesn't recognize my tv, the exact same tv it was set up with before the update. Is there any way to remove this update and go back to the previous one that actually worked??

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model

-TV brand and model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
lindabott
Level 7

I'm having the same issue.  Remote used to work just fine.  Now it will not control the sound.  I tried re-pairing the remote. New batteries, turning the Roku off, etc.  Nothing is working.  Since multiple people are having this same issue, is there a fix on the horizon?