Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Level 9

If the TV becomes unresponsive to the Remote, How do we operate the TV?

The other day, my voice remote suddenly didn't work. At that point I realized I have no idea how to operate the TV an LTC 55" Roku TV. I don't see any channel, on/off, or volume controls on the TV itsel. I'm not connected to cable, just use WiFi.  Thankfully, the remote began working again, once I replaced the batteries, althouth the onscreen battery indicator showed the previous batteries had over 50% power, maybe 70/80%...

What would I do if the remote just stopped working, how to use the TV without it?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: If the TV becomes unresponsive to the Remote, How do we operate the TV?

@StevenCee 

This video might be useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUrTkrICv4Y

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: If the TV becomes unresponsive to the Remote, How do we operate the TV?

@StevenCee-

As long as your Roku TV remains connected to your WiFi network, you can use the Roku app (not The Roku Channel app) on a phone or tablet connected to the same network as a backup remote control.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos