Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baseball21
Level 7

IR remote?

I have a ruko for the bedroom and just got another one for the living room.  As I was reading up on it, I realized this had a IR remote while the other one had a point anywhere remote. Which is fine with me. But then I noticed this remote doesn't have a power button or a volume button on the side. Or voice button. Is there a trick to using these basic features?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: IR remote?

If you're asking if you can control a tv with IR remote, the answer is no. If you want to program the Wifi Roku remote for your tv, go in to the settings> remote & devices> remote in use> program tv> follow the prompts.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Baseball21
Level 7

Thanks. Whenever I go to remote in the settings the only thing that pops up is pairing the remote. It won't let me get past that. I can't believe they gave me a useless remote. Can I buy a point anywhere remote. Will it be compatible with this Roku?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

What are rokus model name and numbers? If there's pairing option, then yes it can be paired with anywhere remote. You first post you said you had a IR remote and Wifi remote with tv controls? You either have two rokus with no pairing option in the menu, or one with and the other without, or both with, what is it?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Baseball21
Level 7

The one I have in the bedroom has the point anywhere remote with TV controls. This one that I just got does not have the tv controls.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

So the answer to your question is, there is no way to get such features as voice control and tv control with an IR remote, sorry.

Edmund
0 Kudos