Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

IR remote won't work

My 4-month-old Roku Premier's remote control abruptly stopped working. After I reviewed a Roku troubleshooting video, I replaced the batteries, which didn't work. Then, I reset the device to factory settings. Now I cannot control the device from my phone either. I am extremely frustrated and disappointed that I cannot speak to/email/chat with a customer service agent. This is extremely poor service. Can someone help me?

16 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: IR remote won't work

@Robmats 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku IR (infrared) remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I already went through those steps as well and it still isn't working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Get a cheap universal remote from target or your dollar store that has roku listed. The bonus is it will control the tv volume as well, unlike your premiere roku remote. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Now my device is useless as I cannot pair a remote with it. I’m very unhappy with this poor customer service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

You didn't have to pair it in the first place, its IR, it works or it doesn't. You can use your cellphone to see if the remote is working or not, point it at the canera ;lens as you look at the screen as if you were taking its picture, if it flashes with button press the remote is fine. Then its roku itself that isn't accepting IR commands anymore. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Robmats 

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

how do i get assistance, i went through trouble shooting, restarting, resetting, new batteries, and the only button on my controller that works is the power button

How do I resolve problems with my Roku IR (infrared) remote? i tried this already too, didnt help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: how do i get help my contoller wont work , this is ridiculous

@daniellehfidjdg 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: how do i get help my contoller wont work , this is ridiculous

im not sure what model it is, its a roku stick with the controller that has the volume on the side. i have tried all the troubleshooting, went through the video, unplugged and reset the device and controller, tried new batteries, its syncing, but the only button that works is the power button

0 Kudos