Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

IR remote not working?

I've read all the questions from others and can't find anyone with my issue. My IR remote does not need new batteries and the receiver is in plain view, I tried checking for the signal in my front facing camera and I don't know if I saw it or not. Do I just have to buy a new remote? That should be sent to me.

6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: IR remote not working?

@cutecarbs 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What Roku device model do you have? How old is this device? If you need a replacement remote for your device, we will be able to recommend you the appropriate remote once we know the model device.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi, Danny! Thank you for responding. I received my Roku Express from prime today at noon. I have another Roku IR remote from a different Sharp Roku TV and I just tried using that and while it turns my new Roku (and the Westinghouse smart TV it's connected to) on and off, I still can't click on a language or even try and highlight a different language. This is so weird to me.

Thanks again for taking the time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@cutecarbs 

Thanks for the information.

Please be aware that the IR remote from your Roku TV will not work with your Roku Express.

I would recommend checking out troubleshooting steps for your IR remote on our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku IR (infrared) remote?

If that does not resolve your issue, I would recommend either return/exchanging the device or you send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Never received my new remote

I emailed back and forth with someone about this already. I was told I would get a new remote in 3-5 business days.

I could not leave a review for this interaction because while I was waiting to receive my remote the ticket was closed, but I would say I'm not satisfied. 

ANY information someone might need to help me is all in the last question I posted which you should be able to find on my account, or you can private message me.

I just need a new remote so I can simply use the Roku that I bought.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Never received my new remote

@cutecarbs 

Thanks for the inquiry. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator