Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nquartier
Reel Rookie

IR remote not working

Jump to solution

Just bought a Premiere a couple of days ago, came with IR remote.  Setup was normal, and everything functioning the first day.  Next day, no response from remote.  Researched support article and tried all troubleshooting steps (Clear line of sight, unplug/reconnect, brand new batteries, etc.) all without success.  Also tried viewing IR light via smartphone camera, no light seen.  Articles and other posts here don’t mention anything further that I can find.  Thanks for any insight anyone has!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: IR remote not working

Jump to solution

With no flashes seen via cellphone that's proof the remote is faulty. A cheap universal remote with roku listed should work. Or you could return for exchange. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

With no flashes seen via cellphone that's proof the remote is faulty. A cheap universal remote with roku listed should work. Or you could return for exchange. 

Edmund

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Nquartier
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the insight!  I’ll likely just get another remote, seems easier than going through the exchange process for just a remote.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution
Basic question, please don't be insulted but sometimes it's easy to overlook the basics:
Are there good batteries in the remote, and are they installed with the correct orientation (flat ends against the springs)?
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Nquartier
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No offense taken, sometimes the obvious things are overlooked.

Even though the unit was brand new, I changed out batteries to a new set (fresh pack) x2 without success, and confirmed battery orientation was correct each time.

0 Kudos
sparky62

Jump to solution

Just bought a roku for my bedroom. Simple Remote not working . No ir visible through phone camera.  Return to Walmart.  Got home, same... no ir visible.

Seems there's a bad batch of remotes out there. Maybe third time is the charm. 

This is July 28th,  2022

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @sparky62

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos