Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

IR Remote Control for Roku Ultra 4800R

I recently purchased the latest Roku Ultra 4800R and in general am quite pleased. However the new Enhanced Voice Remote is a pain with my setup. I have the Roku Ultra to IN1 of 5 to 1 HDMI switch; the switch output goes to HDFury Arcana; the Arcana has eARC output to Sonos Arc soundbar and HDMI out to projector display. The annoyance is that the Roku forces you to pair the Enhanced Voice Remote which then operates via RF. The RF can't adjust soundbar volume, turn projector on/off, etc. because these use IR. The HDMI CEC does not work because Roku expects to be hooked to a TV, which is not my case. I purchased a universal remote to handle everything. With the Roku unplugged the remote reverts to IR mode. This way I was able to learn all functions to the universal remote and also taught it to adjust volume and turn projector on/off. However plugging the Roku back in returns it to RF control. In this case the only button that doesn't work on the universal remote is the Home button because this appears to signal via RF to the Roku. All this said, I would rather not use the Enhanced Remote! Is there a way I can unpair the enhanced remote or disable the RF feature? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 20

Re: IR Remote Control for Roku Ultra 4800R

You can go into the settings> remote & devices> remote> Enhanced remote> forget remote

It won't be paired any longer. You can't permanently disable the RF on the remote. If its not paired to a roku, in time it will try to pair again and again. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Level 7

Thanks for the response.

I went there and Forget Remote was not an option. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Level 7

I also tried a Factory Reset and the first thing it asked for was to pair the Enhanced Voice Remote. So annoying.

0 Kudos