Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mary81
Level 7

I would like assistance with an RCA (RCU703) to ROKU (SHARP LC-55LBU591U) TV setup.

Trying to setup my remote with my ROKU (SHARP) TV but having trouble.

The controller RCA (RCU703) does not have pairing feature (button)

The reason I want to do this is because the ROKU controller the TV came with does not have numbered buttons.

I have tried some codes to no avail, by pressing CODE SEARCH button, then TV button, then any codes I could find online.

Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: I would like assistance with an RCA (RCU703) to ROKU (SHARP LC-55LBU591U) TV setup.

I'm reading what you wrote to say that you're wanting to use another remote on a Roku TV device. That would be similar to purchasing a universal remote and keying in the codes for Roku. 

The issue is that Roku doesn't control the code numbers. For example, on one universal remote for Roku may be (making these up) 1234. For a different universal remote, to control the same Roku, it might be (again making this up) 4756. So you would need to get any codes to control Roku (or any device) from the remote maker, assuming it can be used as a remote for Roku.

I understand there are third-party remotes that control Roku TV devices that contain number keys. I've never sought one out, but I seem to recall seeing them in passing. You may do well to search Amazon or some other such Website online for something like that.

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: I would like assistance with an RCA (RCU703) to ROKU (SHARP LC-55LBU591U) TV setup.

Even if you had the proper code in the RCA universal the number keys will never work, roku tv's just don't accept them period. Try the Goldstar tv codes in your RCA, it should give you volume and power. 

Edmund
0 Kudos