Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Capricefr

I want to pair a TLC Roku TV remote to a regular Roku device

Jump to solution

I don’t have a Roku tv but I have a TLC Roku TV remote that I want to pair with a Roku devise. This remote does not have a pairing button by the batteries. What do I do?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I want to pair a TLC Roku TV remote to a regular Roku device

Jump to solution

Sorry but nothing. Roku tv IR remotes use a completely different IR code set then stand alone Roku's. If it were a wifi Roku tv remote, it could pair with regular Roku but the volume & power keys would be useless, you wouldn't be able to pair it with a non-Roku tv for volume and power. 

You can buy voice remotes at your local Walmart or best buy, which will have pairing button.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Sorry but nothing. Roku tv IR remotes use a completely different IR code set then stand alone Roku's. If it were a wifi Roku tv remote, it could pair with regular Roku but the volume & power keys would be useless, you wouldn't be able to pair it with a non-Roku tv for volume and power. 

You can buy voice remotes at your local Walmart or best buy, which will have pairing button.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
MilesT
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you need another remote for Roku device, then as long as it isn't a "stick" then any of the non "TV" IR remotes will work, as will many clones on eBay/Amazon, and also replacement universal ones.

There is one rare IR remote that has volume buttons that work on all non-TV devices except sticks. Branded ONN (not ONN TV), model number RC-ELIR.

If you have a spare TV remote and no TV, sell it or give it away, get it used by someone rather than trashing it. Reduce reuse recycle.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos